Thursday, August 26, 2010

Margarita pizza and stuffed artichokes

For supper last night I made Margarita pizza at home. However I did buy a Boboli crust, I know how to make my own, but it was fairly late, and I didn't feel like it. So the Boboli thin crust pizza crust was the way to go. I did however, make my own sauce. I forgot to take a picture of the whole pizza though, so before I finish off all the slices I'll snap one. I bought fresh mozzarella, fresh basil, some plum tomatoes, an onion, pepperonis, and some "pizza" cheese to fill in where the mozzarella didn't cover. And, I know I know, you aren't supposed to put pepperoni on a Margarita pizza, but hey, I'm the one making it. Anyway, it was really good. Fresh mozzarella makes all the differenceI think.

I was going to make stuffed artichokes today, but I just haven't had the time, so I think I'm going to try to do that on Saturday. It's been a few years since I have made a stuffed artichoke, but the kind I like is stuffed with a rice pilaf. So we will see how that comes out. I found a really good website on how to properly prepare your artichoke, as well as the recipe they include sounds great, but I'm going to stick with mine. (This time anyway.) This website is a vegan website, and I am definitely a carnivore, but they have great stuff, as well as super healthy stuff on it, so I'm down.

I figure since Micah (boyfriend) is out of town, now is the time to try new recipes, because if it turns out horribly, well he doesn't have to eat it, nor do I, and no one has to know! Unless you know, I post about the "adventure" of a failed recipe.

So we will see how this artichoke stuffing goes, hopefully it doesn't make me choke!

and pizza pics coming soon!


*update*

Here is what is left of the pizza. Obviously this is a picture of it cold, but I think it pretty all the same!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews