Thursday, May 19, 2011

Finally some time to post...

Because for whatever reason I have been really busy this week on my off days.  I'm three meals behind, and currently cooking a fourth, but something has to boil for a while so I had a moment to sit down to write before I need to attend to the cooking food, and before I have to leave to get a haircut (yaaaaayyyyyyyyy it's been since January and my hair just can't take it anymore) but we are here about food...not my hair.

The real title of this post should be...

"Getting creative when you are running out of food..."

Because while you are waiting for paychecks to roll in so that you can go grocery shopping, meals can get a little strange.  Good, but unexpected.


So what did I make with mushrooms, thyme, garlic and onions?


Well none other than pizza on a tortilla!  (Micah's had jalapeno's because he loves them so)


We always have a fair amount of cheddar, goat, havarti, fresh parm, or some other kind of cheese in the house, so that works out well for pizza making.


Mmmm, I topped mine with a lot of goat cheese.

The recipe for this is easy. 

Get some tortillas.  

See what you have in your fridge and pantry that you might like on a pizza.  I had mushrooms, garlic, onions, thyme, cheddar cheese, goat cheese, and fresh parmesan.

If you have butter or if you want to do this, coat the top of your tortilla, (the side that everything is going on) with a thin layer of butter, this helps the tortilla to cook nicely and not just burn.

Throw all your toppings on, plus your cheese, since this isn't like regular pizza where you have to let the dough cook for a while before you put everything else on, you can just pile it up and put it on a pizza pan or cookie sheet and put it in the oven for like 10 minutes.

I also added a little salt and pepper, and a bit of paprika to the top of the tortilla before I put the toppings on, but thats just a person preference.

So, quick, easy, and tasty.

Hopefully in the next few days I can get caught of on the rest of the things that I have made in the past week/week and a half.

I hope that everyone has a great weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews