Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I absolutely couldn't not be more excited...

To be getting a press!  And 8 color press at that!


It needs a little cleaning, and a few updates, but it is already in perfect working order.  (I just want to get stronger springs.)

M and I came up with a label name a while back, and we have been using it for a tag design for the few shirt orders that we have done thus far...

B&McGee.  It works so perfectly.  I'm B, he's McGee, its rhymey and fun.  We pick the press up tomorrow after I get off work, my bosses are selling it to me, they don't need it at our new shop we just moved into.  So it will be finding a home at M and my's home.  There are going to be so many fun projects that I can do now!  So many shirts I can print, designs I can print on my clothing I make, posters I can do... The possibilities are endless.  What's even more funny to me about all of this, is just yesterday I was planning a budget in my head to get a press, and a flash unit, and everything else I would need, and along comes this awesome opportunity to purchase this press, with a flash built onto it, and a few screens (thrown in for free) for about 850 dollars LESS than I was budgeting in my head!  

So pretty soon, I should be posting my designs, clothing, shirts, posters, stationery, whatever I feel like makings up, and soon after that...
I'm going to try to get stuff sold.  Because this is the stuff I want to be doing.  Designing for myself, selling my work, and finally feeling like I didn't waste a ton of money on the ridiculously expensive, but oh so valuable because I have some amazing skills to put to use, art school education.

Now if only a letterpress could just fall into my lap....


P.S. my new glasses came in the mail today, and the neighborhood kitty that I had been missing (and just thought about how much I missed it this morning) came to see me.  Apparently I just need to think about the things that I need/want to see and they come to me.  It's like I have magic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews